Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Sunday 8 April 2012

Stop over in the UK

After a much too short stop over in Ireland I am now at my brother's place in Essex. There was so much to do at home, I managed to get a few posters up around Kinsale, and to stall holders in Mahon Point, and a couple in Bandon but not as many as I had hoped, hopefully my daughter can get a few more up for us.

I also managed to meet up, all too briefly, with our 3rd Musketeer,  who was our often hacking companion in Kingsland, we'll be thinking of you on the long treks Denis !

Saying goodbye to Fionn was hard, a month in kennels is a long time, but I hear he has found a girlfriend at " Paws a While" which is great news.

So after a very tearful farewell at Cork Airport I arrived here in Essex. It's interesting at home spring is well advanced, here the daffodils are just starting to fade, whereas in Provence they were just coming out when I left.

Daffodils in Essex
My brother and I always walk a lot when I'm here, and the National Trust woods across the road are beautiful, the wood anemones are out

Wood Anemones
And there were these boxes attached to the trees, anyone know what they are ? They were too low down to be nesting boxes.

Mystery Boxes
The woods are beautiful, and there are loads of bridle paths as well. I see another trek in the making !

My bro in the woods
There are loads of signs of spring in the garden as well

Forsythia

Grape Hyacinth 

Plum Blossom
Today I fly to Marseille and I hear Martine has great plans to get me back in the trekking spirit ! It's been a lovely few days, I look forward to coming home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment