Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Monday 17 October 2011

Let the preparations begin

Polly and I are heading to France before George and Martine, in fact we're going for Christmas.

So today I made a start on the food I am bringing. It has been a tradition in our family, since I was a child, to pickle shallots for Christmas, Dad grew the shallots, and Mum made the pickling vinegar and bottled them. So every year I do the same in memory of my Mum, sorry Dad so far my efforts at growing shallots have been a failure.

The crab apple jelly is my own addition to the Christmas tradition. To follow shortly will be the mincemeat and Christmas cake.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to remember your parents. Will you take ALL the crab apple jelly away with you or will you be 'testing' it first? Put me down as Tester No. 1....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like some shallots? I have some sitting here waiting to be used?

    ReplyDelete