Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Thursday 6 October 2011

Time to go

Bonnie struggled on valiantly after the op to remove four rotten teeth, and there were days when I convinced myself that she was getting better, but she was very up and down, and the ups were never as high as the downs were low. We increased the steroid dosage, mixed her food with boiled chicken and gravy, and kept the other dogs away from her so she could rest, but the night I had to carry her out to the back garden for her nightly toilet trip, I knew I was kidding myself. Here's a picture of Roxy with Bonnie, the fact that she allowed Rox to lie down with her was an indication.



Always a hard decision, to pick the moment before they are in pain, but not to send them on their way before they are ready to go. Here she is not long after the op begging for toast at breakfast.



Polly and I discussed it, then took her to the vet and discussed it some more. The decision was made, and when her leg was shaved for the injection, her skin was yellow, we had made the right decision, her liver was not functioning properly any more. So she passed peacefully in my arms with Polly stroking her, our friend and  companion for 16 years was gone.




The way we will always remember her.

2 comments: