Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Tuesday 20 December 2011

Enfin the Luberon

A much easier trip today although we had much further to go. Breakfast in the hotel and then loaded the dogs into the car, more yellow pills for Fionn, and off we went, with Polly driving and me navigating. At least the rain had stopped and there was even a bit of sunshine.
Burgundy in the snow
We had only been driving a couple of hours when we saw our first snow and very pretty it was too, and thankfully none on the roads! A few hours later and we came to the junction where the horses had exited the A7 to be collected my Nathalie.

Macon Turn off
Getting close to Avignon and we came up behind a small horse lorry that looked remarkably like Nathalie's, so I overtook it and peered into the cabin...did I recognize Nathalie from the photos David had sent us of them being unloaded? So I phoned her
"Are you on the A7 close to Avignon ?"
"Yes"
"I think I'm in front of you"
Lots of hilarious laughter, what an amazing coincidence...hang on a mo
"What's your registration?"

Well it wasn't Nathalie, but she had overtaken this lorry a short while ago, and was ahead of us, but we had to turn off at Avignon so never caught up with her.

So we turned off at the Avignon exit and were soon in Cereste, unloaded the car then dinner at my cousins' house and fell into bed.

Will head over to see the horses first thing in the morning, it's great to be here, and I can't wait for Martine to arrive so we can start working the horses.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Half the wagons are there! I can't wait to make up the full contingent!

    ReplyDelete