Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Tuesday 20 December 2011

South of Paris

We were delayed getting off the ferry as there was a car blocking the ramp, so left  the port at about 14:30 and headed for the first available grassy patch where Fionn finally let go and the hot air balloon deflated! More little yellow pills and we were on our way again, with Fionn gazing happily out the back window and Roxy dozing quietly.

What a drive , it rained heavily all the way from Cherbourg to the south of Paris ( Martine you were so right, take the Le Mans route!), on the outskirts of Paris we hit really heavy traffic, and in the dark with the heavy trucks driving was a nightmare, but thanks to Karen (the satnav) we made it to the hotel safely but very late at 9:20.

Earlier at around 5pm I had phoned the hotel to say we would be arriving late, "Madame Renshaw? we have no reservation for you".  Well I had the proof of the reservation with me, and fortunately they had a spare room. As the restaurant closed at 9:30 we dived straight in placed our orders and then sorted out the dogs.

Collapsed into bed around 11:30, with 2 very settled dogs both glad to be together again after the separation on the ferry.

I love French hotels they didn't even bat an eyelid at Fionn charging through reception on his way to his early morning stroll, took this lovely pic of the hotel, wow I thought , I hadn't realised it was so big.

Came around the corner and

As anyone will tell you I have a lousy sense of direction, the first picture is of course an office block! How will I ever navigate my horse back across France ? I'll have Martine!


Hoping to make Cereste today, should be about an 8 hour drive but after yesterday I'm not counting my chickens. More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment