Definition

From slang.ie :

Wagon. A cranky contary female / an ugly female. She\'s some wagon eh?

wagon. wagon - an awful woman. than one is such a wagon!

wagon. a woman thats a bitch. dat ones a right wagon.

Wagon. A cantankerous old woman.. Yer wan's some wagon, I asked her could I feed the seagulls and she lifted me out of it!

wagon. car or other mode of transport. i'll drive my waggon.

Wanderly Wagon. A much loved Irish children's TV program which ran from 1968 to 1982


Thursday 5 January 2012

Luck of the (almost) Irish

When I was in Spain last year, nearly every restaurant we went into had a whole Serrano ham in a stand from which they carved robust slices for our consumption. I've always wanted to buy one of these hams and have it displayed on a stand, just like in Andalucía.

When I came to Céreste there was one on display in the butcher's being raffled. Not a Serrano ham, but a close second an Iberian ham. "What charity is this being raffled for?" I asked. "For us" said the butcher! Fair enough, so I bought 4 tickets.

Now obviously I wouldn't be recounting this story if I hadn't won it, so anyone for ham ? Before Fionn gets it !
Jamón Ibérico

3 comments: